Saturday, June 14, 2008

Olives & Chocolates!

Today my cat Leo gave birth to four gorgeous kittens! Yippee I am so happy! She is doing fine now. In my excitement I made two cards with two colour card sheets; dull olive green and darkest brown. I just simple love this brown colour. It does not appear as appealing in the pictures though. But it’s just WOW!



In this card I have used chocolate brown ribbon and flower embellishments and outlined it with bronze dori*.


*Dori is an Urdu language word, it is like ribbon but not so flat and sometimes with beading and other embellishments. It is widely available in Pakistan. If any one interested in buying these you can leave a comment or email me. I will show you other samples too.




Now this card is simple, I just took gold string and wrapped around the olive green flap and inserted a few beads as I was wrapping the thread. It looks absolutely wonderful in real.

The picture is a little blurry sorry for that. Here again I have used gold dori, just to give it a little lift.






3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How pretty! So, simple, but beautiful!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Amazing! OUuuuuu!?!?!?! makes me want to go play with string and schtuff, but I can't leave your blog. Must read more! You are AWESOME. (I'm stalking you now and going to fill up your mailbox, heehee!) :0)

Shirley said...

Some cards just dont show up as well as others, but yours seem to just be wonderful and it is your attention to detail I think. Very nice.